How to Get Your House Ready to Sell
Spring is in the air! With the transition from winter to spring comes the start of the moving season. Are you looking to sell your home this year? While putting a home up for sale can be a great deal of work, the proper preparation on the front end can reduce the stress of the process. We’ve compiled a list of some tips for selling your home QUICKLY. Check out these 6 tips!
How to Get Your House Ready to Sell Quickly: 6 Must-Follow Tips
- Finish any projects: It isn’t uncommon to start a home project, only to have life get in the way and not complete the project. Take the time before you put your house on the market to complete any unfinished repairs, maintenance, or updates.
- Take industry appropriate photos: The pictures you choose to include with your advertisement can make or break someone’s interest. If you are not a skilled photographer, consider hiring someone who is. When better pictures attract more buyers, the cost of hiring the photographer will be well worth it.
- Pay attention to the exterior of your home: First impressions matter and the first thing a potential buyer is going to judge when they pull up to your house is the exterior of your home! Before putting your house on the market, give your landscaping a little TLC. It is also a good idea to power wash your driveway and the front of your house.
- Add a “For Sale” sign to your yard: While this method may seem outdated, it can actually be very helpful to put a sign in your front yard. Whether you’re in a rural area or bustling suburban market, people drive past your house every day. You never know if someone driving past your house is in the market for a new home or knows someone who is.
- Give your home a fresh coat: It’s amazing how quickly a fresh coat of paint can improve the look of your home. If your walls are looking a little drab, consider painting your home with a neutral color. The same goes for any brightly colored walls painted for a children’s room or areas with dated wallpaper on them. The less the new owner has to do to make it ready for them, the less you’ll have to negotiate.
- Declutter your home: This step can’t be overstated. A house that is too cluttered may distract any potential buyers from your actual home. Once you declutter, you can begin staging and make it easier for buyers to see the best version of ALL of your home as it stands, including closets, the basement, and the attic. Where to put the knick-knacks, dusty sewing machines, and family heirlooms? A storage space rental will allow you to clear unnecessary clutter out of your home and into a secure location.
Need Household Storage While You Sell Your Home?
Are you looking for a storage unit near you to store items while you sell your home? Beyond Self Storage has storage facilities in Mt. Lebanon, PA, Sterling Heights, MI, Rochester Hills, MI, Commerce Township, MI, St. Louis, MO, Chesterfield, MO, Eagan, MN, Maplewood, MN, Minneapolis, MN Lenexa, KS, Arlington Heights, IL and in Pittsburgh, PA at Robinson and at Ross. Our storage facilities have many different storage unit sizes, perfect for big or small storage needs. Reserve your storage unit with Beyond Self Storage today!